Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 17 Share


Doughnut Peaches
Eggplant
Tomatoes
Onions (red and yellow)
Cantaloupe
Lettuce (organic)
Zucchini
Sweet Corn
Green Bell Peppers
Hot Peppers
Scallions
Cucumber

Summer's bounty rolls on, and while the variety of vegetables in the share has stayed pretty much the same for the last few weeks, the sheer versatility of all these items keep this from being any problem. Remember in the first weeks when there was 2 or 3 heads of lettuce every week? That was a pain to use up for sure. 

A couple ideas come to mind right away looking at this list; a stuffed pepper of some sort for the bell peppers and chowder for the corn as its been a while since I've made a soup. I think I'll need to coax my wife to work on another peach dessert as well. Can't have too many of those!

Wait!! Where's the share value?? Well, I've decided to retire that particular element of these weekly share posts. The fact of the matter is that having passed the midpoint of CSA season, the value of this program is clear. For the last 16 weeks the value has totaled $389 whereas I invested $360. To be honest, weighing and pricing each share was a lot of work, so I'm glad to be done with it...gives me more time to cook!


No comments:

Post a Comment